Pages

Friday, September 10, 2021

INTERESTING IDIOMS

 Hello blogger's, I'm am so overfilled with joy with being back at school we need to make sure to horoia o ringaringa (wash your hands) as of being back we have been learning about idioms for our task we had to write a poem about idioms and for my blog post, I would like to share that I will add in the meanings of the idioms quickly so you know what it means. bye bloggers

-it raining cats and dogs (it's raining heavily )

-cold shoulder (ignoring someone)

-getting second wind (a random second burst of energy)

-threw caution into the wind (being reckless or careless)

-cold feet (being nervous)

-keep my chin up (don't give up)

-wild goose chase (doing something that is pointless)
 
-you can lead a horse to the water you can make it drink (you can't make people make the right decision)
 
-clam up (stop talking)

-run like the wind (run fast)

-til the cows come home (forever or a mighty long time)

-the clouds are on the horizon (trouble is close)

-i had my head in the clouds (wasn't thinking about reality)

- feel under the weather (feeling dizzy or sick)




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post